Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Watch Your Mouth



A few days ago our Pastor's wife, Susan, spoke about the effect our words can have.  She challenged us that when we speak to people they should feel like they are receiving a beautiful silver box from us.  And this should apply to those people that we love the most - our husbands and (here's where it gets dicey for me) our kids.


I can give silver boxes out to my friends and my husband on a fairly regular basis. Mainly because they don't get on my nerves.  The kids, well, they do stuff.  And rather than giving them a silver box with my words, I sometimes say things that might feel more like......
the little presents that I find in the laundry room when it's 17 degrees out and the little dogs have to go bad.


Time to get out the pooper scooper.  

 Ephesians 4:29
Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful.

1 comment:

Rhen @Yes, they are all mine said...

Amen! Far too often we use our harshest words, our shortest tempers and worst attitudes on the people in our lives we call our "loved ones". Not all that "loving" is it?!