Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 30 January 2011

He'll Always Be King Neptune to Me



  We have a disproportionate ratio of kids to adults in our house and much of my time and energy is spent in the care of feeding of these kids, but here's the real truth......the kids aren't the thing.
  James and I decided a long time ago (probably the first time our new baby cried for an hour straight) that he and I are the thing.  We would have kids and raise them and give them our all, but they would be "what we did" - not "the thing".  There was an "us" before they came and we will be "us" when the last one moves out.  
  Our lives don't revolve around the kids - they are passing through our lives and we are doing everything we can to raise them to be successful adults.  Successful adults that begin their own "us".  
  Who needs the pressure of being "everything" to their parents anyway?  
   So my darling children - I love you incredibly - but your father is my thing.

  
  
  
  
  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds just right.

Kimmie said...

What wisdom...I think I need to share this with my Knight.

thanks bunches!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Autismland Penny said...

Great post and so thought provoking. Thanks!