Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 11 February 2007

You Never Out Grow MatchBox Cars

Sunday afternoons and evenings are busy for me. I have to do lesson plans for the week and prepare for a science class I teach on Mondays. It's sometimes hard to "get away" in the house to get all the planning done without interuptions. I had been working for quite awhile and realized it was quiet and very peaceful. The teens usually find things to do but Troy often needs my attention. I went out in the living room and found the source of my solitude. Steven, my 17 year old had been playing cars with Troy for over an hour. I'm sure Troy couldn't believe his incredible luck to have his brother's attention. Steven is my favorite son at the moment!

6 comments:

James said...

You are a very lucky woman. Are you ready for Valentine's Day?

justjuls said...

Tell James to quit using your blog to flirt with you! Gosh!
I like Steven pretty well too - he is a very nice boy! Tell him I said HI!

Anonymous said...

I was just catching up on your blog. What an eventful week. Love the golden cups. What a treat. BTW: Loved the picture of your two boys. And I do mean BOYS. That's the coolest thing when a near adult (I was nearly married at 17....yikes!) will hang out and play cars with his little brother.

KarenW said...

That looks like fun! I don't think boys ever outgrow cars and blocks.

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to see your husband back at home and doing good. The kids look so "adoringly" at him. Great pictures. My boys are always playing cars together and it goes for hours. I need the solitude but when a older brother plays with them it gets very quiet. It is like they are sucking in every moment of attention they can enjoy from the "older" brother. Last night they were way too quiet so peacefully they surounded Mike while he worked on a remote control car that Scott left here. If they can get it going then they can race. I love those botherly quiet times of bonding.

FreedomInChrist said...

Oh No!! Does this mean that three sister won't do for Kobe and now I have to find him a brother????