Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 8 February 2007

Poppa's Back - Look Out!


After a seemingly forever time in the hospital, my husband James is home again. The doctors got his allergic reaction under control and sent him home with more medicine and a promise to visit them as an outpatient for awhile.
I know he's glad to be home, but not as much as I am. Of course I missed him, but the real problem was the kids. I've noticed it
before...whenever he's gone for an extended period of time the children go sour on me. Normally they're nice. Not when he's gone. They slowly start pushing the lines. Somehow they talk me into staying up an extra hour and having two snacks instead of one. They convince me to have sleepovers on school nights, candy for dinner, elbows on the table and burping contests. And I'm weak by myself - it all starts sounding good to me. When James disciplines them I'm always thinking, "why does he have to be so hard on them?" Why? - because they would be total brats if it were left up to just me.
So he's back and order reigns again in our happy home.
The married sisters all came to visit him and to sit grand kids on his knee to make him feel better.

The "still at home kids" gathered around him like angels. Everyone's glad to have Poppa back in control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but notice that Kevin and his grill arent gathered around James.
Glad for all of you that he is home.
If I don't burn or otherwise ruin it we will send him a piece of cheesecake this afternoon.

justjuls said...

Hee hee - I am so glad for the update - I've been worried about James. It would take a lot to take that big guy down! I also noticed that on that bottom picture - everybody is looking at Papa but Stephen! That boy!