Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 18 February 2007

Big Red and Ice Skating

The snow came down almost a week ago and Big Red sits in the driveway untouched. She's never even been started... frozen like an ice age dinosaur. There's really been no need to move her. She is great at carrying tons of people and incredible amounts of things but there is no chance she could climb the icy hills in the neighborhood to get out. But today is Sunday and we have to go to church and Troy has a birthday party to attend and we need to visit our daughter in Maryland. It's time. There are eight of us and the alternative to Big Red is our four seater Jeep. I don't drive in snow and ice...it scares me badly, so my husband will be coaxing her out. I plan on closing my eyes and humming a happy tune and praying we don't start slipping backwards and end up in a snow bank. I can just picture Big Red upside down with her wheels spinning in the air.... Or not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw her at church yesterday, so I assume that James guided her safely.I'm sorry I didn't see you!

Anonymous said...

I do not like driving on our winter roads either. We haven't had much snow or ice here this year so I am not concerned. I too humm and pray when my hubby drives as he always goes too fast and I have been in the ditch with him before. So your hubby is a teacher, hmm what does he think about your homeschooling VS going to the public schools. What a difference for him to witness in his own family. Does your hubby try to tell you how to hs or is he helping with his special talents? My hubby is going to do only math with the kids while I am gone as he screws them all up with the English. They like to watch history on TV, that is his extent of hs for me. It works fine as I already have it figured out. Not that it is perfect, always room for improvement.

KarenW said...

Stay home and stay safe! I don't drive in the snow and ice either.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those people who MUST get out and go somewhere several times a week. Library, Safeway.....anything. Just somewhere other than my home.

that is, unless it's snowing. I'm a nervous wreck. And not ashamed to say it! I've seen to many scary wrecks on the side of the road and I think...."Yep, that could have been me!"

p.s. On a totally unrelated sidenote.....since you have a passel of kids.....are any of your kids in the military? Just wanting to talk to moms whose kids are serving. Been thinking about the AirForce Academy for my son, although it's a ways away. Any thoughts?

FreedomInChrist said...

Your video is AWESOME!!!! I am sooo proud of you. Teach me please!!!!

Perri said...

I love your house. It looks absolutely perfect for a big family.

I also like the fireplace going. Ever since Bill got a fishtank though, we can't use ours. Bummer.