Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 15 February 2007

Not Exactly an Avalanche but Good Enough

Finally, four days ago, we got snow!! Although it was only a few inches, happily for the kids, a one inch layer of ice on top of it, glazed our world to a sudden halt. Our neighborhood is comprised of gentle rolling hills which do an effective job of preventing cars from getting in or out. No mail or paper delivery for three days, no garbage pick up, and most importantly, no school. My husband being a teacher, has led the rejoicing.
With six kids and a husband home all day, (and no TV to watch) by day four, you might think I would be ready to get out of here. Strangely, I'm not. I've amused myself with cleaning and organizing and many many rounds of Boggle with David. David's list of words is always much longer then mine, but as we go through them, his many, "Is this a word?" tries have to be eliminated. He has beat me a few times which has been the only unpleasantness of being snowed in. I've read every one's blogs so many times that I've sent their site meters over the top. The kids and I have taken advantage of the hills and ice which make for perfect sledding conditions. The ice is so hard that having to share our one sled isn't a problem...you can go down the hills just as easily on your butt or belly.
Writting "cancelled" on all my appointments this week has actually been wonderful. Eventually I'm sure this will all get old, but for now I'm loving the cabin!

6 comments:

FreedomInChrist said...

See snow isn't so bad. We've had a blast too, and I tried to poat my pictures, but Im having some problams. Anyway, have fun in the snow!!

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

I wish that we could play a virtual Boggle. No one will play with me anymore. And my 9yo daughter isn't really a challenge. :)

How cool are you to put a MOVIE on your blog. I'm going to have to figure that there movie thing out. :)

Miss Notesy said...

Hubs has been home since Tuesday and it's driving me nuts! Snow is fun yet I hate being cooped up.

Anonymous said...

I love the movie. You are quite the savvy blogger. You go Mom.

justjuls said...

This is hysterical! ha ha ha