Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 15 February 2007

Meatloaf is Red, Violets are Blue



Valentines Day...a day for lovers to shower each other with gifts and my husband and I are no exception. James, ever the romantic, gave me a sweet card declaring his forever love and a beautiful necklace. It was stunning and unique, a small love bird in a round glass with diamonds around, that spins when it moves.
I gave James a meatloaf.
That doesn't sound like a big thing, but I HATE meatloaf, so that makes it nice. And James says that NOBODY makes meatloaf like his mother's so it's been intimidating all 5 times I've made it in our 33 years of marriage. I put ketchup on top to carry the red Valentine theme. He liked it and I noticed while serving that each piece weighed about 29 lbs and almost bent the spatula. I told him...
"Roses are red,
violets are blue,
I made this really incredibly heavy meatloaf
cuz I love you."
It's a marriage made in heaven.

6 comments:

justjuls said...

ha ha -I think you ARE the Travis! You "carved" the meatloaf!
I made Travis salisbury steak for Valentines - which I don't particularly like! He loved it.
You didn't tell us how the meatloaf tasted -
Will you shoot me if I say it doesn't look "loaf"-ish at all? But it does look yummy. My meatloafs are never loaf shaped! Oh - was that supposed to be a heart?

Fifi said...

You were spoilt!It's beautiful! Glad to hear your meatloaf got the nod!
Layla is beautiful.I can see she is quite a little character.I am sure she feels extremely loved with all that attention from her older sisters!
Happy Birthday to her!
I love visiting your blog..... you always make me laugh.
Love Fee

Anonymous said...

You're like a chapter out of The 5 Love Languages book.

What a lovely necklace. Are the birds a symbol of something special to you? I love thoughtful gifts that are meaningful. (this includes meatloaf.....)

Reminds me of a time I was having a garage sale and I mentioned to my friend Gayle that my husband was outside building me tables for my garage sale......she let out an audible sigh. Acts of service. That's HER love language. I was just like, 'yep, thanks honey.' (but if he brought me home a magazine when I was sick.......my hearts a'flutter.)

Anonymous said...

I made my hubby dinner too as he loves to eat. I went to the store and bought him all his favoorite snack foods. I recieved roses which he never buys as they die so fast and are a waste of money, according to him. The problem is that he now has the flu and I am getting over it so no cozy, enjoyable time together yesterday. Oh Well. I love your necklace what a sweet husband you have to pick out such a unique piece. I think it is neat that the bird kind of floats around. Guess what, I cannot get into my blog today or my daughters. They will not let me log in, I must have met my quota of negativity. LOL Ktneis

Anonymous said...

The necklace is very nice. The meatloaf looks very...red.
What did you say you were making for lunch when you have us over???
Glad you had a nice one and all were happy! Obviously a match made in heaven.

Anonymous said...

I miss you at HSBlogger!! I love your new place,though it's not the same without "Big Red" pictured on it. Am glad your hubby is feeling better, too!
Blessings,
Lisa from HSBlogger