Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 24 May 2007

Out of Shape but Under Control

I was running this morning and was approaching the last hill. Unfortunately I had run completely out of steam, so to encourage myself to keep going I started making deals with my body. "If you can just make it half way up the hill to the big tree then Grace's surgery on Tuesday will go well." I did it and looked up further. "Okay, if you can make it to the driveway at the top of the hill she won't need the surgery and her kidneys will be miraculously healed." I was making it! I had about 5 feet to go when out of the corner of my eye I see the owner of the driveway flying toward the road in a little tan pick up truck. At the last second he threw on his brakes and I threw on mine. I walked sadly the few more steps to the top of the hill.
Then I heard God speak as clearly as I hear my friends talking (when they actually walk with me.) He said, "Kate, do you think YOU are in charge of the way things will be with Grace's health? You're job is to do your best, but remember, I hold the unknowns - the pick up trucks that you don't even know about. And by the way, Grace may need the surgery, but I stopped the truck from hitting you and I have her too."
I said, "Sorry for that God... and about this extra five pounds I need to loose..." He said, "Get running."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome...

Anonymous said...

God is real, and He's AWESOME!!!

justjuls said...

Su-su-superstition!
I often trade in the real thing for a fake. I think it is a rewards system - and then He reminds me too. But hey - here's the good news - I'd have probably been killed by the truck!

Anonymous said...

I just love it when God speaks so clearly, even if it is humbling and a reminder of who HE is and who we are. Love you Kate.

Perri said...

Praying for Grace's surgery - and your peace of mind.

Love the new template photo. That's a full bus!