Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 16 May 2007

Loving a Bad Girl

The daughter of a friend of ours has been visiting the last couple of weeks. She's 22, beautiful, fun and does lots of things we have taught our girls are wrong to do. Our daughters enjoyed being with her but wanted to criticise what she wore, the things she said, and what she did. We explained that she did all these wrong things because she hadn't met Jesus yet. Our job was to love her in such an unusual way, that any friend of ours, she would want to be a friend of hers.... And we have a friend who could take care of all the "things" she was doing wrong. (It's way easier to point out others sins then to do the hard work of loving them in spite of them - and some people can make it hard!)
Turns out she really wanted to be loved in that way. She wanted to be around "us weird Chrisitans" and has returned home after telling someone on the phone that "she was going to be doing something about Jesus and get her life fixed". Her Dad is sad and worried that she's gone back, but I know the Holy Spirit is reminding her of something sweet that she wants and needs.
We have a sweet savior!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So was that a facetious comment on my blog (because I know how much you love sap and country music) or what? I'm glad that you weird Christians have weirded out so many people who try so hard to be "normal". Doesn't the bible say something about that - peculiar, I think.

justjuls said...

Praying for her! Thanks for the mentoring in this area!
Oh yeah - and I'm outside the Daily Grind trying to send a boatload of email to my boss before taking off - the house is unlocked - and the key is inside on the kitchen counter. There is 2/3 of a gallon of skim milk - can you find a home for it? There is a little "dry" trash in the kitchen!
Thanks so much for letting us have a home away from home!
Love you guys - all of you! That's a lot of love.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I guess this comment is sort of for Kirsten. I read her blog too but can't leave comments because you have to be a member, which I'm not. She is such a very special young lady--just like her mom--and I can't get over the smile. It just lights up wherever she is, even my PC monitor. Anyway, that being said, my comment for her was that I loved the poem and video. In fact I've saved the video link to my Favorites.

Anonymous said...

This must be something that you continually have to remind your kids. (and selves)

My kids have a cousin who is....lets just say.....gearing towards homose*uality. My husband wants to go the WAY far away route, while I just am not sure what to do. The bottom line is that we're the ONLY Christians this young boy knows. period. If fact, when he was 7 he asked me why we 'talked about God so much'. :)

But, then there comes the mommy 'sheltering' thing that overcomes me. *sigh* There's a great balance in there and it's SO hard.

Anonymous said...

ok so i'm a lurker.. i found you through julie's blog. i love your posts, but this is one i have to comment it on.
i love what you told your girls. love it. sometimes we forget and expect people to somehow "clean themselves up" without Jesus.
i remember how filthy i was when Jesus wrapped His arms around me. He didn't even notice. :o)

does that make sense??

anyhow.. i just really loved this. thank you for sharing it.