Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 23 May 2007

Bad Hair Life


While shopping for shampoo in Wal- Mart today I noticed that almost every hair product on the shelves was about frizz. There were anti frizz creams, de frizzing gels and frizz away and frizz be gone, etc. Having frizz is obviously very very bad. Frizz is the modern day leprosy or something. In, is straight and silky...think Jan from the Brady bunch.
I resent that! Some genetic code said "curly and frizzy" when I was being m
ade and I will never have straight shiny frizz free hair no matter how many products or straightening irons I use. And I have used them all. My bathroom is a virtual treasure trove of bottles and tubes that promised to fix all my inherited kinks and steel wool hair woes. They lied. The few times I've come close to defrizzing, I've only had to walk near a body of water and as if by magic my hair grows...not down, but out. My hair is hopelessly not cool and I'll just have to wait it out till the afro look comes back.

8 comments:

justjuls said...

i have always coveted your hair! i love frizz - i pay big money for mine!

Karasmith said...

don't worry, the 80s are comin' back, and that will mean big curly hair is in again!

Anonymous said...

I fell your pain. You are right. Those products LIE LIE LIE!

Kirsten said...

I think Kara got all the straightness that was hiding in your genes somewhere. Unfortunately, it just skipped you. Oh well, I think you're beautiful and have also paid money to have your hair. (remember Athey's?)

Anonymous said...

I love your hair! It is very beautiful and full of life, just like you.

Mammy said...

Your hair doesnt look frizzy to me. It looks like it is wavy and by the way, it is very beautiful. Trends suck, they only make us feel like we dont measure up. You & your hair are beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

The only product that I have ever found for my wavy hair is called Making Waves by Graham Webb, its about $14 a bottle. It really does prevent frizziness.

Fifi said...

I know what you mean...... I also have the curly/wavy variety! To get it straight, I have to blow dry it for 1 and a half hours!! This I don't do often! I loved the 80's big hair!!! Come back soon!