Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 20 May 2007

On Your Mark..Get Set...



Just got back from a weekend in Charleston, capital of wild and wonderful West Virginia. Our son David ran hurddles in the state track meet. We traveled 5 hours each way to see him run for a total of around 31 seconds. He said, "Thanks for coming.", so we counted that as a good return for our time spent.
We sat in the rain for the first half hour or so and discovered tha
t only James really had on a rain coat. Troy and I apparently were wearing faux rain coats and we had wet clothes for the next 3 hours to prove it.










It was interesting watching all the kids running although someone was checking their work email and it wasn't me.





We went to dinner at a Texas Steak House and it was going well until Troy h
appened to look up and spotted a long horn steer head above him. He had a nervous break down and kept as little of his butt on his chair as possible through out the rest of the meal. There was no explaining taxidermy at that point.
We were all glad to get home
and today I picked the girls up from a "sister weekend" in Maryland with Kara.

5 comments:

justjuls said...

Ah - that wasn't me either - although I highly covet anyone with a Blackberry! I want one - but I don't know why! I would hate to always have work with me. Yuck yuck yuck.

justjuls said...

Oh yeah - it looks cold there! It was 90 here today - come visit me! Quick.

Anonymous said...

oh, I understand your pain. you love every minute that you watch your kid...(in your case, seconds) but the other hours don't seem to fly by as quick as you'd like.

My son has wrestled for years and the matches are like 3minutes. Even shorter if it went south. Those 3 minutes were intense and fun and hilarious all at once. Then watching skinny boy after skinny boy wrestle around.....sigh. that got old.

but at least it wasn't 31 seconds. :)

And by the looks of the hands holding the phone, I'd say it wasn't you?

Kirsten said...

The big head strikes again. Poor Troy. What restaurant is he safe in?

Karasmith said...

David is such a great athlete! Thanks for loaning me the girls!