Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 1 May 2007

Here's My Plan

Last night we had a mom's homeschool meeting. It's a really nice excuse to get together but we do some planning too. With the school year ending, we not only planned the rest of this year, but came up with some tentative ideas for next year as well. I'm always excited thinking about what the new school year will bring...what we'll learn, the new books we'll read - I'm ready for a fresh start (i.e. sick of this year!). Filling in the dates for events as we get closer to summer is a challenge. Every one's got a million things going on and we're no exception. Our summer is full of camps and trips (to France!) and visits to relatives........
I got a call yesterday from Grace's nephrologist with some bad news about her latest blood work. Her kidneys up to this point have been doing a slow gracefull decline but this month they took a drastic jump downwards. Her functioning is now below 15% and that's kicked in a new course of action. Her doctor talked about preparing to start dialysis next month and activating her on the transplant list. When I told Grace about all this and we thought through all our upcoming plans and how they might be affected she got teary eyed and said, "I'm sorry Mom". "Sure, you rotten kid, how dare you have kidney failure and mess up all our plans!" With lots of hugs and assurances that we would get through all this, we felt a little better.
I'm still keeping my calendar - with a caveat...
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9


7 comments:

justjuls said...

I'm just gonna hum that song in my heart for you today - and pray.

Perri said...

I'll be praying things go well for her. No telling how good she will feel once she' done with the transplant!

Anonymous said...

I actually know someone who had a kidney transplant. I can give you the website of her daughter-in-law who happens to be my dear friend.

I remember her sick at the end, before the transplant and I know how she is now. It's amazing.

But, it's might be helpful to have some questions answered. I'll give you her email if you'd like. (they're awesome Christians)

Good response to your daughter btw.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Maybe the Lord is about to do another miracle in Grace's life. She is in my prayers. Don't suppose there's any chance of having the transplant done in France with Kirsten as the donor? Just a thought

Anonymous said...

I'd do it in a heat beat!

Anonymous said...

that would be heart, not heat

Fifi said...

Hi there
So sorry to hear this, it must be so hard for Grace.
My hubby was diagnosed with 4th stage kidney failure 2 months ago. Does it progress quickly? This is all so new to us. We didn't even know he had a problem with his kidneys!
All the best to Grace!