Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Getting Older Today

Jocelyn and Grandma Kate
Turning 56 today was pretty uneventful.  No wild parties. 

Did celebrate by:
*Taking a walk with two of my favorite friends and two of my favorite dogs
*Reading "A Door In the Wall" to my kids
*Going to lunch with my Mom and Dad (I'm so lucky)
*Eating the yummy chocolate, creamy cake that my friend Denise delivered to my door and not even thinking about whether it's healthy or not
*Thinking about all the friends who sent me a happy birthday greeting on facebook and remembering the different times of my life that made us friends.
*Listening to the Goben family sing happy birthday on my answering machine

And Jocelyn, my granddaughter, brought over a purple birthday card with a picture of her and me together and it said, "I love you Grandma Kate".  I especially like that she showed my very thin arms and legs.  Obviously all the healthy eating has paid off.

Pretty good day, hunh?

2 comments:

kym burke said...

the picture is very life like.. LOL

Shelby said...

I love the picture. I just love kids drawlings:) Happy Birthday Kate:)