Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 14 March 2011

And Again



  Our oldest daughter Margie will be turning 37 this year and Samuel, the youngest will be 7.  Sometimes it feels like I've been doing this mom thing FOREVER.  I have to remind myself that although I've supplied the carrots for 419 snowman noses, to each kid it's the original Frosty.  I have to be excited over every tooth lost and applaud every part in every play. I can't stop singing, "Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day" as I wake each one up, because it has to still be fun to annoy sleeping children.  When we leave the Walmart parking lot I will continue to yell, "hop on" and ride the cart down the lot to my car with my children hanging precariously on the sides so that the youngest will be able to reminisce with the oldest about how weird mom is.  
  But it's hard sometimes-like today when I'm tired.  And sometimes I daydream about cooking for two and not having to convince anyone that it's really their bedtime.
  And then Samuel runs by, laughing and he has a long, long childhood ahead of him and I can't wait to do it all over again for him.  I'm a sucker for a kid.
  

2 comments:

Perri said...

I think of every mom in the entire world -- you are THE BEST.

So many lives changed for the better for generations to come because you chose to love a child.

Kim @ Starry Sky Ranch said...

SO many times I have said to people that this has to stay fun. You have to pace yourself and you have to keep having fun. Its a marathon, not a sprint : )

We have one in diapers and one engaged at the moment. It IS wild isn't it? Wouldn't have it any other way!