Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 17 September 2007

Wild and Crazy... Sorta

Saturday night my husband and I took our teens and a few extras and went to Awakening Fest in Virginia to see Barlow Girls and Toby Mac. The weather was perfect...a fall chill in the air. God was present, the music was great and loud. We've been taking our kids to Christian rock concerts since our 30 year old was a teen. Back then we were often up front jumping and shouting like our kids did at this concert. This Saturday, my husband and I sat in our cozy lawn chairs in our hoodies, wrapped in blankets and tapped our feet to the music. There was a little bobbing of our heads now and then and a shout out to Toby but basically it was just nice sitting and listening. The kids were happy - we were happy. Still Jesus Freaks after all these years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to go this year until I found out who the main attraction was. Maybe next year if the artists aren't rappers.
Christiana came back freezing cold, exhausted, no voice left from screaming and happy as can be. What more can you ask?

justjuls said...

So cool!
We are going to go to see Casting Crowns in October - and I can't wait. I still have a little jumping around left in me!
I cannot imagine you sitting in your lawn chair - next time there better be pictures - or I won't believe it. You move more than any teenager I've ever known!