Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 8 April 2011

The Mom with the Big Yellow Hat

  Some of my kids have a hard time making it through the day without falling apart.  Anger and attachment stuff spill out of them, starting first thing in the morning over their choice of cereal.  Afternoons are often a series of fights with siblings, rage over being disciplined and thinking the whole world hates them.
  Jeremiah had one of those days today and I was relieved to see it was almost bedtime.  When I went in to tuck him he was sitting with his favorite Curious George book, waiting for me to read to him.  I was tired and not delighted with him at the moment, but I had promised.

  Amazing how a story and some snuggling in bed together can poke little holes in our hearts and let all the hardness out-his and mine. 
  And I can't help but love a child that looks like Curious George.

No comments: