Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 14 April 2007

Welcome Company

We have some relatives that if they weren't related to us we would have picked to have as friends anyway. My husband's great Aunt Louise and his second cousin Tony are here visiting and they're awesome. The first time I met them I was a newlywed 18 year old at my husband's family Christmas gathering. I was shy and awkward and ready to run out the door. Aunt Louise turned to me and started reeling me into a conversation till I was laughing with abandonment. I've loved her ever since. We've visited back and forth over the years (they live in Portsmouth, New Hampshire) and it's always wonderful. Amazingly, Aunt Louise is 92! This five generation picture is from the left- cousin Tony, Aunt Louise, my husband James, daughter Kara and her daughter Scarlett in the stroller.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great picture.
Aunt Louise does not look like she is 92!

justjuls said...

I agree with Joanne - not 92 at all!
Travis grandmother will be 94 this August - and there is a stark contrast -
It is such a blessing when you have family that feels like friends.

Fifi said...

Wow......ask Aunt Louise for her secrets.... please!!! She looks brilliant for 92!
I love being with people, especially family,when it is so easy and relaxed!
So glad you enjoyed each other!
love to you!

Mammy said...

Yup, Aunt Louise looks about 20 years younger than she is. What a beautiful family.

Ha ha, I bet it's tough being back from tropical paradise with the "lovely" weather we're having.

I think our fruit trees are pretty much DED. I noticed all the paw-paw trees along our road all have wilted shriveled leaves, so I guess they don't like the cold either. :(

Anonymous said...

i agree with the other ladies....92? nonesense.

and is it cold to you there, now that you're not basking in Hawaiian sun?

and married at 18 huh? me to. How long has it been for you? a tad longer than me I think, as you have grown kids my age. :)

14 here....beat that?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know you've been nominated for the Thinking Blogger Award! You can check it out at my blog.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Good Morning friend,
I want the son-in-laws younger brothers in a few years when my dd is old enough to date. God has surely blessed you with that! It makes my heart glad for you.
I think you should have told the blogger people that your other blog is linked and you should be qualified. You are certainly a great blogger and you just moved but all the previous blogs are still there. Technicalities. Maybe you should be the best new blogger of 2007. I will still enjoy your posts even without the award.
Have a great time with your family this week.
Kelly

justjuls said...

Hey woman!
I nominated you for the "Thinking Blogger Award". You have to pass it on to five other bloggers.
Check it out at my blog!