Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 12 April 2007

Stephen, Josh, Nate & Ruben

I was thinking the other day how surprising it was that I liked all four of my son-in-laws. You'd think that with four daughters getting married at least one of them would have picked a jerk. I know some mother-in-laws who are convinced that their child's spouse wasn't good enough for their daughter or son. On the contrary, I've had moments when I hoped that my son-in-laws wouldn't give up on my daughters. Not that there's anything wrong with the girls...just that they can have moods at times. You know....ugly, not speaking, sure that they're right and he's wrong, kind of moods. But the son-in-laws hang in there and love their wives.
The four of them are very different in personalities but all are great Daddies. I've been there when the grand babies were born and each has made me want to cry as they stood there holding their new baby with that look that says they have fallen completely in love with this child. They have rocked babies at night, bathed them, taken and dropped them off at daycare and been the "babysitter" whenever needed (my daughters will say you can't "babysit" your own child) and they all make sure that their families go to church.
How can I not love these men who love my grand kids and my daughters like this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughters are right. Dads can not babysit their own children.

You are very blessed to have such great son in laws that value God and their families in such a big way. Of course, you did give them four of the most awesome young women ever.

Perri said...

What a blessing this is. I know how much I enjoy my one son in law - you must have a blast with 4!