Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 21 April 2007

Are They Gone Yet?

My daughter Kara and her husband Nate were invited to a wedding. The kind of wedding where the bride made it very clear she didn't want any screaming babies during the ceremony. Which means that Scarlett ( who is 4 months old and screams randomly) is staying with us this weekend. They drove up and brought in 87 pounds of baby gear for their 13 pound baby. Kara then, very seriously, proceeded to tell me everything I needed to know about taking care of Scarlett. There were instructions on the freshly pumped bottles of breast milk and bags of frozen breast milk and when each was to be given. She told me when she would sleep and when she wouldn't (like in the middle of the night). Now, I'm not a first time mother or grandmother, but this was Scarlett's first time away from mommy and daddy and I was trying to pay attention and listen politely .....however, sitting cutely on her daddy's lap, Miss Scarlett was grinning at me from ear to ear. She was already making plans for FUN while the parents were gone. I'm with you Scarlett!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scarlett is the cutest baby! Love seeing her pictures.

Anonymous said...

I remember being a first time mom.....I wasn't cool. I annoyed my mother-in-law by not forcing my son to wear coats and shoes constantly (at 4 months.) and I told her how often and what to feed him.....

sigh.

She was very good to me and just took it all in with (I'm sure) a grain of salt.

she's one cute baby, btw.

Fifi said...

That is beautiful!......... I am sure you corrupted her TERRIBLY!TeeHee.

I....personally, would trust you with any of my kiddiewinks!!!!
You enjoy you Grandchildren!