Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 7 April 2007

She Looked So Good till You Got Up Close

Still in Hawaii. And for everyone who said they were jealous... don't forget the CHAPERONE part of this trip. Ever try watching 15 teens at one time?
Hawaii is amazing, no doubt.
As a tourist, there is everything to do here. I see the sun set and sailboats are silhouetted between the palm trees while the surfers are lined up and catching the perfect wave. Little kids are playing in the sand...bongos and guitar music in the distance...every store has something you want. The land has been blessed with incredible beauty.
We walk with our girls along the streets at night. They've never seen homeless people before. They've never seen people perform for dollars or make a living with their body and they think that these must be "bad" people. We have to explain that God loves the people just as much that live like this as He does their nice church friends and that His death was because he loved that old woman in the leather outfit and black boots and bleach blond hair as much as He loved their Sunday School teacher. My heart breaks at their needs.
Hawaii has such beauty and such loss. It must be a lot like the Garden of Eden..almost perfect till sin showed up.

1 comment:

justjuls said...

Oh my gosh - so true!
That's what we forgot - I got lost there myself. I forgot that God's love never even saw the outside. A couple years ago this almost swallowed me up - until God pulled some sort of scales off of my eyes! You helped - thank you so much.
I know you'll be able to teach your girls that too.
Have a great time. Could you maybe dip south on your way home? :)