Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 17 April 2007

Boomerang

Just as we were all getting used to our home with no Troy, (which means when it's Youth Group night, EVERYONE goes away and means that when we watch a scary movie, NOBODY has to go to bed first and I never have to remind ANYONE to brush their teeth) I get a phone call. His Auntie asks if I've heard the news that he's coming back. Seems that all the paperwork wasn't really completed and he's coming back to finish the school year. I'm so worried as she talks that he's traumatized about having to come here again. She puts him on the phone and he says, "So..Mom...which car are you picking me up from the airport in?" He was mostly concerned that I bring a car with no front airbag so he could have shotgun. As he walked back into the house, he barely nodded to me and said, "Hey Mom." Within minutes he had annoyed his sister till she said, "Troy, stop it...leave me alone." He had a very satisfied look on his face which said, "I'm home." So much for trauma.
Tonight I had to sit and listen to him read his story for homework. This isn't an activity for an impatient person. He didn't brush his teeth the first time and of course he needed a story read in bed about trucks.
Oh well...he's so darn cute.

3 comments:

Perri said...

welcome home, Troy!

Anonymous said...

sounds like he happily slipped back into an old comfortable 'shoe'.

Anonymous said...

I like that he calls you mom and is so comfortable with you all. You are blessed a few more months, God is good. My hubby told Mike he had to leave by Friday and I wanted to talk to Mike and my hubby about this but we got company right away. Mike left our home and said he will see me later, I haven't heard from him so now I have to search without notifiying authorities. My hubby is so hard and doesn't see the whole picture. I can elaborate on it but it boils down to Mike not wanting to help out or obey simple rules to my hubby not being kind and tolerant. We will see if Mike comes back or not, we need to communicate and work it out properly. Whatever God wants from us I will gladly accept, my hubby maybe not. Please pray for my hubby. Thanks and enjoy Troy.