Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 21 May 2008

Ducks and Daughters

Yesterday we found 2 little ducks in our pool. They were swimming around and around, not able to fly and feeling like a..... duck in the wrong water. There was no mom in sight but I'm sure she would have been upset to see the mess her babies were in.



James made a rescue with a net after chasing them for a few minutes.




They were so adorable, but we knew they couldn't stay with us.
We took them to the creek and watched them paddle off - doing what they're supposed to do.


The McKenzie's are leaving today to go back to Africa. It's been wonderful having them here, but they have to go do what they're supposed to do.
(And you can come back to our box, any time!)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Fifi said...

Yes..... you did the right thing.... but my kids would have been heart sore to let them go too!

Anonymous said...

I didn't cry when I said goodbye just a few hours ago. But I will now.

KarenW said...

Aww! They're so adorable. I wonder what happened to the Mama.