Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 8 October 2007

A Little Respite

This weekend my husband and I slipped away alone to Gettysburg, thanks to our daughter Lane who not only happens to be a great sister and everyone was thrilled to have her here, but she's also a renal nurse and could do Grace's dialysis! (God was probably going...."This is going to be so perfect!", when he brought Lane into our family years ago.)
We stayed in the Gettysburg Hotel on the main square downtown across from a room where Lincoln stayed and right around the corner from the train station where he arrived at to give the Gettysburg address.

Touring the battlefields was sobering, realizing how many thousands of young men died and the impact those battles had on forming our country as it is today.
We had quiet time to talk, some wonderful meals, long walks - we hiked up to a water fall and best of all......H.G.T.V. in our room!!
The perfect weekend!

4 comments:

Josh said...

you guys are sooooo dang cute!!! of course it was a perfect arrangement. i had a great time wiht the kids. they are awesome!!!!! i am available whenever you need me.....i'm the good daughter remember heheheheh

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. Lane is a good daughter and sister.

Kate said...

In response to nsremom: "Leaning" has nothing to do with age. I've been the worse speller since about age 5. I used to type the bulletin for church and it was a contest each week to find my misspells.

justjuls said...

I can vouch for that - being somewhat of a proficient speller - I always loved Kate's bulletins! hee hee
I am so glad you had a weekend to steal away.