Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 9 October 2007

Is the Earth Off Course or Something?

All day I've been in a really bad mood. I don't know why.
Tonight, when my children spoke to me, I had this urge to plug my ears and yell, "Be quiet". I kept a nice mom look on my face but I was ugly inside.

Someone was eating popcorn on the couch with me and they were taking a hand full and holding it against their mouth and gnawing it. I could feel my hands wanting to wrap around their neck.

Some of the people in my family made me mad when I just looked at them.

I think it's because Fall has let me down so completely. It's been 90 degrees in West Virginia for the past two weeks. It's cooler in Florida than here. That's so wrong. I love hot in the summer but this is ridiculously past summer. I want to wear pants and stop shaving my legs. I'm sick of under arm wetness. I want to wear sweaters and not flip flops.

So basically I'm in a bad season mood. Is there such a thing?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid to admit this because I love summer and always want to move somewhere warm, but I too am getting sick of this crazy humid heat. I feel as though after Labor Day I should not be wearing my summer things to work, but it is so hot there, and since we closed the pool I am back to the pale legs not fit for shorts look. Must be psychological though, because I didn't mind at all in July. I wish we would have known what it would be like, could have saved a fortune in renting a beach house off season.
Oh well, I guess eventually it will go from 90 to 20 and we will all hate that too.

Perri said...

I totally agree. I even mentioned the whole, "I should not be shaving my legs every other day now." the other day.

It's time for some cooler weather - make that past time!

Josh said...

you are always a perfect mommy and you can have a bad mood anytime you want. fall is my favorite season and i'm sick of this freakin' heat too. guess what though....this morning i opened up the door to let the dogs out and there was a little nip in the air. too bad i have to go to canada to get cooled off.

Sharon said...

Oh I don't know the popcorn thing would've made me crazy too. And I have to shave year round or my DH calls me grasshopper legs.

Sharon - who is enjoying fall colorado weather.... (sorry you guys)

Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly. In fact the rebel in me quit shaving my legs about 2 weeks ago. I'm ready for FALL.

Katie said...

Ok that comment about wanting to stop shaving your legs made me laugh. I wait for that too! I call it growing my winter coat :-)

Fifi said...

Kate........ you crack me up! I haven't had this sickness YET! But I am sure it is real.teehee
I'm also one of those Winter non-Shavers!!! Shocking!
Do hope you feel in a better mood very soon!

James said...

You still dah bess

Anonymous said...

I think maybe you got our summer too, we only got about a week of summer and rain the rest (I live near Seattle..enough said?)
and the popcorn thing, that's how my Dh eats his and I just want to leave the room!

Anonymous said...

I can relate. The temps finally dropped her today and for the next week it is supposed to be 70s in the day and 40s and 50s at night. Yippee!!! Now we can have campfire nights and not sweat! Hope you are getting some of this cool weather. Thanks also for sharing your heart. Mine is unbearably wicked too. There are times I wish I could munch someone up and bury them in the fish tank!!!