Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 25 August 2007

Weeeeeeeeeee!!!


I ordered a few books about Autism from Amazon this week and realized that what I don't know about this disorder could fill both books complete with foot-notes.
What I do know about our little guy is:

*Never dress our unpotty trained 2 year old in a two piece outfit or you will find him naked and must then go search for the puddle.
*He has a very different idea of what makes a toy fun than Mattel does.
*Big parties are not his idea of a good time.
*His anger is frustration.
*He needs and wants our kisses and love even when his body says, "NO!"
*I need patience and patience and patience and a sense of humor and a good night sleep.

One of the books is "1001 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders." I'm thinking it's going to tell me to hold on for the ride!

5 comments:

justjuls said...

You look like you're having WAY more fun than he is!

Josh said...

I love that picture!!! You guys are soo adorable!!

QavahYada said...

Lol...I guess I let it all come out in that entry. I was just feeling bitter about some stuff, I think.

This little guy in your picture is SOOO cute! What's his name?

Mammy said...

You've got your hands full Momma. But I know you can handle it. Wanted to let you know I am and will continue to pray for Grace, esp. on Monday.

What books did you get from Amazon? We have an Aspie here so I'm always looking for Autism/PDD related books.

girl with a flower tattoo said...

hey Kate!

I know he's kind of young, but i did a brief study on autism my freshman year of college and discovered that music is a popular & highly effective form of therapy. when kids are involved in creating music it provides a relaxed environment for the child to express himself musically as a means of communication and stress relief. Plus, it's a great way to get them involved in social settings. if you'd like, i'd be happy to send you some of the articles i have.

best of luck! you're amazing!
alexandra