Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 19 August 2007

It's Starting to Smell Like School In the Morning

The signs are all pointing to the fact that summer is coming to an end but I'm having a hard time believing it. The weather's been a lot cooler but it must be a mistake. There's so much more to do. Stinks.
Tomorrow Grace and I head to Children's Hospital in D.C. to start training for dialysis. We train all week and start the real thing on Friday. How hard can it be? We plan on acting really smart so we can finish early each day. My husband will be handling the home front while we're gone and apparently is a little apprehensive about it. Read his amusing thoughts on that here.
Our new little guy is doing better each day and I thought at one point this afternoon, "This isn't so bad." That's huge. Our pastor's wife prayed over him today and I'm anticipating Great Things!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to stop and say hi. Sounds like you sure are busy, but from a foster mom to a foster mom, we know how rewarding it can be. We are fighting a spiritual battle here for the souls of kids in need. please keep praying for us. We are praying for your new little ones and Grace's dialysis training. I enjoy reading how much the little one has improved in just the short time he's been there. Amazing what love can do:-)
Deana (www.mlhcome.org)

Anonymous said...

That's great about the little guy.
Don't know how hard dialysis training is but I am sure you'll be an expert in no time.
Summer is definitely racing to its end. it was freezing this morning when I woke up, and the mornings are darker and darker :(

Fifi said...

Wow.... I read past posts, and I tried to put myself into your circumstance! What a wonderful job you and Hubby are doing. So glad to hear the 2 year old is calming down. May God bless you! Love Fifi