Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 17 August 2007

2 Boys and a Baby

Life as we knew it is gone. Having little ones here and especially one with such needs has required adjustments and some sacrifice on all our parts. Before we say "yes" to taking any new kids we have a family meeting and ask each person in the family to pray about it and decided if it's something they feel our family is called to do. The ministry really and truly belongs to all of us. Yesterday the brothers met the challenge head on.
Steven was getting off work at 7:30 and with the rest of the family in New England it was left to me to come pick him up with the little guys in the car. We waited for a half hour and he still wasn't close to getting off. A half hour is way way too long for these guys in their car seats and I had to go in and tell Steven I was going home and would get back to him somehow. He called home at 9:00 and waited patiently while I found a sitter and drove back out to get him. He said, "It's fine mom, really."
David came home from work at midnight and discovered the little guy crying in bed and banging his head on the crib. He took him downstairs, barricaded the steps and slept with him all night so I could get my sleep.
I'm sure both boys will do something annoying today but I'll probably let it slide. Thanks brothers!!

4 comments:

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Me too.

justjuls said...

I love those boys. Can I have them? I have it on good authority that I was David's favorite - at least when he was 11!

Anonymous said...

Still pulling for the $100 off Big Red debt - an uninterrupted night of sleep combined with the incredible thoughtfulness has to be worth that. Kind of like time off for good behavior.
Those are some great spunky boys you've got.

Perri said...

What great guys you're raising! Praying things continue to get better.