Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 20 April 2015

This is for the Birds!


We've been eating this giant bag of popcorn for some time now and it doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  James suggested that we take some and feed the birds." He said, "The kids will love it!"
Love it?  I don't know about all that. "No", he insisted, "It will be great.  When I was a kid we used to go for a drive to feed the ducks and it was really fun."
I like ducks.  They're okay. But really, that's the day's event - packing up the car, getting the camera and bread and everyone heading out to feed them? 
I've fed ducks before. If my family was out doing some real thing and there happened to be a pond nearby and some hungry duck came swimming up, I might bite off a chunk of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and toss it to him - and then we'd move on to whatever interesting thing we were there to do, like check out the lions in the zoo or climb to the top of the Washington Monument.
So thinking maybe I missed something about this, feeding fowl thing, a couple of the boys and I headed out to the back yard to feed the birds.  There was a few moments of tossing and laughing and then we started eating the popcorn again, because although it looks repulsive enclosed in a 3 foot plastic bag, it has a strange, delicious, kind of compulsive taste. 
No birds showed up which was anticlimactic, but maybe they'll come later for the feast.

No comments: