Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 5 January 2009

Why didn't someone come looking for me?

Our internet has been down for a few days.

How do people live without being online?

No Blogging. Couldn't write any. Couldn't read any.

What was happening at Perri's house? What funny thing did Emily say that I missed? And Julie probably wrote 8 posts that are long gone.

And no Facebook. Nobody knows what Kate is..... and I don't know what they is...........

I have my computer in the kitchen and in between Abeka Math, Sonlight read-alouds, laundry and walking the dog who pretends he has to go every 12 minutes just to get another treat, I read my email. About 80 times a day. So with the computer down, what do you do between everything? I quit smoking 11 years ago so cigarettes are out. I mostly stood comatose in front of the computer...doing nothing.

But now my world is right. Here I am. There you are. I'm so very happy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu should have called. We could have conjured up more people from the past.

Kathie said...

I'm glad your back! My kids have been doing a lot of their school on the computer, so if they are taking their time and I can't get online I sort of pace behind them and ask them if they are done yet. Pretty pathetic.

Perri said...

I'm right with you. Hadn't posted but once in DAYS! I just figured you were swamped by younguns who needed housebreaking.

I'm glad you're back.

justjuls said...

I was looking for you - and in the process I found the other "o" and the word are - which is what they are..... on facebook! :)
Glad you're back.

Mrs. KLH said...

I know exactly how you feel. I've done the exact same thing. What did we do before these social networks were invented?

Luke Holzmann said...

I'm with you: Must have computer connected! Glad it's all working again.

~Luke

Halfmoon Girl said...

This post made me smile:)

KarenW said...

Yeah, just what DID we do before the internet?? We changed servers and now I'm not showing up on google reader. Not sure why but I'm feeling lost in cyberspace.

Tiffani said...

Hmmm. I need to count how many times a day I do the same thing - walk back here and peek at the computer or check up on facebook or something.