Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 2 July 2007

I'd Rather Be....

Every year I hate coming home from the beach. I love my house and miss my cat but it's hard being back here the first few days when vacation is over. My friend Joanne gets mildly depressed at the end of the beach week also. Maybe it's having to do things and the phone ringing and appointments and at home there's so much stuff. The beach house has a few nik-knacks and not enough dishes and a book or two. Picking up is so easy...why do I own so much stuff? And there's never time here to really talk to people and coffee tastes so much better while sitting on the deck overlooking the ocean.
Till next year. Sigh.

4 comments:

julie said...

I hate coming home from the beach too. But I found the cure this year. We stayed two weeks instead of one and it changed everything. I decided one week just DOESN'T work. By the time I'm in vacation mode it's time to come home again. Two weeks was perfect. So, if you didn't this year, stay two weeks next year!!!
Julie

Halfmoon Girl said...

I live near the beach too like nrsemom. It's wonderful, but a bit too much clutter at times gets in the way of the beachy feel!

Anonymous said...

I totally relate. Although we just came from the mountains, which has always been my preferance... Love that clear air with the majesty of the mountains in the background, and amazingly the coffee tastes better there too.

Karasmith said...

I think unpacking is the worst part. All of the work with none of the payoff. Especially when you find all of the sand at the bottom of your bag--what a cruel reminder! At least the tan lasts for a reminder!