Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 6 July 2007

I See London, I See France (I hope)

Grace had a check-up at Children's Hospital today and unless her labs show something really crazy the doctors have given her the okay to go to France to visit Kirsten and family and start dialysis upon our return. Now that we can exhale on that, we are still waiting expectantly for our passports to show up. I've know about our trip for over a year but decided to wait until 2 months before our departure to apply for all seven of them. How lucky I was to choose the time when the entire passport application process has ground to an almost complete halt due to the Mexico and Canada restrictions now in place. Expediting them at an additional $60 a piece was out of the question as the original cost was over $90 each! Although with our trip a mere 10 days away and no passports in sight, it may have cost less then the price of my nervous break down. I'm believing the passport agency that they'll be here in time. Yikes.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

I just wanted to let you know I heard on the news that the government was relaxing the passport rule for a few months since the passport office is packed. They said a copy of the passport application is enough if you don't have the passport yet.

You may want to check on the details since I was only half listening since I have no intentions of going anywhere. :)

Karasmith said...

The passport procrastination is a virulent one. We have now vowed to keep ours current regardless of travel plans. Remind me of this in 2017, will ya?

Anonymous said...

It will all work out.

justjuls said...

Ahk! Praying that they will arrive in time! Did I say ahk! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

hope you get your passports in time!! have you called your local representative? my pastor, who visited the beginning of June called a few times (then again, Delaware is small) and they helped make some calls. My pastor and his wife got their passports June 1st and left June 6th to come here.....talk about nervous!!
Praying.
Deana--in Taiwan

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Haven't been able to leave comments for a while (crazy glitch that suddenly cleared up). Just wanted to wish you all a great trip!

KarenW said...

I've seen passport miracles before. I'll be praying you get yours in time! So glad you get to go.