Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 16 March 2007

Who'd Have Ever Guessed

Two of my daughters and I are in beautiful Lynchburg, Virginia at Liberty University (Jerry Falwell's college) for a basketball tournament. The girls cheer with a homeschool cheer squad for the JV Team. I'm not exactly a "cheer kinda mom" so I find this all rather interesting. I actually had to do a little sewing on my coach jacket...sewing and cheering....I would have bet you odds that I would never do either of those things, ever. My jacket used to say Phoebe and I was supposed to pick the name off with a seam ripper. I worked on it for hours and settled on my new name being Heobee. It has a ring to it. Like Heobe-Gebes. The girls are tired but happy and I can add Cheer Coach to my list of "How did I get myself into this?" things.

6 comments:

James said...

I've always seen you as an athletic kind of woman. KnowwhadImean?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not only a cheer Mom but a COACH? And sewing too???
Good job Hoebe.

Anyway I will tease you now, but next week I will blog about the new low that I will be sinking to as a Mom and possibly it is worse than being a cheer leader coach. But maybe not. We will see.

By the way - Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Sewing and cheering.....two things you thought you'de never do? LOL.

I can add to that list of things.....fishing, watching kids play paintball, figuring out how to braid my daughters hair.....etc.

So, Hoebe. How did your girls do? Did they love it? Are there non-tush-shaking rules there? 'cause my little gymnast can do 6 backhandsprings and has been told to join a cheer club, but I'm not to hip with the rear shaking that goes on.

I'm interested in your .02.

Emily

Perri said...

I love the new name - I probably wouldn't have even got to that much trouble. I'd be like, "Just call me Phoebe."

which now that I think about it - I like better than my name anyway!

justjuls said...

How did you get so darn cute???

Anonymous said...

Mom, I'm rolling. You look great. It's nice to see your face. We need to skype before I leave.