Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 20 March 2007

Signs and Wonders

Yesterday, every time I turned around, I was running into God. He must have decided Himself to do this, as I don't remember asking for anything out of the ordinary. He wasn't just here, but He was doing all these crazy, unbelievable things that startled you into saying, "miracle!".
*A friend who recently gave up a 50 year, self indulgent, out of control, sin life to follow God, was doing the "right thing" and money was running low. He was being hit by so many temptations I was worried he would cave in and take some wrong easy route. In the mail came an unexpected check that more than covered his needs. It was from the I.R.S. which definitely falls in the miracle category.
*We have a missionary house next door that seemed to be idle. We have been asking God what He wanted to happen over there. Our pastor has been praying with us. Yesterday I got a call from missionaries from India who need to stay in our house next week. They just need to rest awhile and walk and play with their boys in the woods. So cool.
*My daughter and her husband who live in France are ready to go on a survey trip into Northern Africa as missionaries but have been held up by visa problems. We have been praying and fasting for a break through. Yesterday she waltzed up to an agent in Paris and he issued the visa like she was asking for a pencil...no problem.

Of course, where God is showing up, Satan gets annoyed. Things that have been running smoothly for years were feeling bumpy yesterday. We have been memorizing Ephesians 6:10-18 and I DO know who we are wrestling, even when he pretends to be my marriage.

I love living life just this shy of heaven....so less boring.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The IRS check? that took the prize for being the most amazing. And the story of a 50 yo person giving up the sinful lifestyle and repenting? it gives me so much hope for a few family members.

Is there fear on your part that your daughter will be heading to Northern Africa? Or are you bursting with pride?

I think I'd go between the two feelings daily.

My oldest daughter has told me that she wants to be a missionary since she was 7 (she's turning 10) we'll see. But, I do think God puts things on our hearts as young children, and if it's God doing the knocking.....there's no mom needed to stop things. :) I'm not ashamed to say that I'd freak if it was Iran or somewhere.

Cool week you're having.

Anonymous said...

I just read your daughters blog. She's amazing.

You must be quite a role model for her. So, take some credit!

And once again, no funny looking grandbabies for you. They just come out looking perfect? No baby acne or funny cone shaped heads?

justjuls said...

Awesome - I'm so happy for Kirsten and Steve. Praise the Lord.

Yes, and it's always good to remember who we are wrestling - it is so unbelievable how the enemy tries to disguise himself - and for just a second we don't recognize that it's him.

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to check in on you. Enjoying all your posts.
Dianna

justjuls said...

Hey - I'm having a contest at my blog - come check it out!
http://jewlsntexas.blogspot.com/2007/03/contest-for-all-bloggers.html

Anonymous said...

Guess What, my friend in FL had a similar experience this week also from God. She has been on a roll this past month. It is so cool to watch as God is working, I love it. My marraige is bumpy too, not a big deal as he is crabby about my new found religeon. Of course the devil doesn't want my hubbys eyes to see the truth but I will not let it go, the devil will not win this.
Just thought I would Share, livin on the edge.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug mom. I think that after last year's great shake (Jada) I think that God is going out of His way to show me that He is more in control than I could ever imagine. Thanks for sharing!