Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 8 March 2007

Yet another thing to keep me on the computer for hours


I got the most awesome birthday present ever yesterday. It can only be appreciated by other book-a-holics I suppose. My husband gave me a Flic. This is the most incredible thing and promises to suck up all my remaining awake hours. This little hand held device scans the barcodes of all the books in your library. You then plug it into your computer via a USB plug and it downloads all the information and imports the data from Library of Congress and Amazon and neatly puts it all into "your collection". There are tons of fields for each book including when and to whom you lend them. I'm LOVING it! I have a large library and you may not hear from me for months!! (Some one please come looking for me.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get to use it next! After which I decide if I'll put it on my wish list...

Ein kleines Maedchen 2 (a.k.a. EKM2)

justjuls said...

Oh MY GOSH! I want one I want one I want one! Too cool!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Okay, WHAT? I followed the link and tried to figure out why I would need such a thing. So what is the main thing you're going to do with this gadget? What's the thing you're most excited about?

I guess you could classify books and that would make a killer Unit study. Because I have 'lost' books and later thought, "Gee, that would have been great with that study on Mollusks a while back."

not trying to knock your gift!!! That's what makes it a 'gift'. It's something the recipient would want.

Perri said...

I've never heard of such a thing. I know a lot of people who would practically knock you over for it!

Anonymous said...

Cool! That is so cool! I am thinking that I really need one...I want to come over and play!

justjuls said...

KATE!
Was YOUR birthday on the 7th? I thought JJs was the 7th and yours was the 10th.
Happy Birthday either way.
Love you and miss you guys!

Fifi said...

Hi Kate
Happy Birthday for the other day............with all your kids, I'm sure you had a really fun and full day!
That is a really nifty gift, one all us homeschoolers could do with!
Thanks for the visit on my side!

Alison said...

Yep, I want one too!
I still blog about our homeschooling life over at HSB, but I'm here at blogger too, with my knitting blog. Well, actually it's hosted on the web server in our garage (I bought he domain!) but I use blogger to publish...
Anyway, your blog here is looking great, I really like your color scheme- I'm still trying to decide on a color scheme, and come up with some original graphics... but there are only so many hours in a day, and only so many days in a week... as you well know...
Have loads of fun with your new toy,
ali

Anonymous said...

I think Steve would want one of those - not because it's for the books (which are really my domain) but simply because it's a gadget. Let's not tell him about it, ok?

KarenW said...

That is WAY cool! I have got to have one. It's going on my birthday list. My birthday is not until September and I'm hoping we'll be unpacked and settled by then. . . somewhere.