Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 27 March 2007

Look Out France!



Today my parents, both in their early 80's, are leaving for France. My daughter and her husband are making a survey trip into Africa where they will be doing missionary work and my parents will be watching their kids while they're gone for 3 weeks.
This is n
ot a babysitting job for the faint of heart. My daughter has five children under the age of 8 and my parents speak no French at all. The first two weeks the kids are on holiday from school. Some people have questioned their decision to take this on, after all, this would be hard for anyone, let alone a couple their age. But they are sure of their decision. If you knew my parents, you wouldn't be surprised and if you know their God, you can pray for His continued blessing on them as He gives them all they need to do the job.
Au revoir Mom and Dad.

5 comments:

Karasmith said...

They are so lucky to get to spend so much time with the kids and if the birds and flowers do not have to doubt God's care, then my Grandma and Grandpa definitely don't!!

Mammy said...

Ha ha! What amazing brave people :) Hope this trip is wonderful for them.

KarenW said...

Brave mom and dad! I hope they have a wonderful time.

justjuls said...

That is so awesome.
Wow.
I hope I'm that kind of grandparent/great-grandparent.

Glad to see a post - I thought maybe you dropped off the face of the earth! I was missing you!

Anonymous said...

I love that they are doing it. They aren't just doing it for your daughter, but unto The Lord. What an amazing family you have. You should write a book. With your writing abilities and interesting life, it might just be a hit.

Plus, the generational thing is fascinating to me. My husband is the first Christian in his family as far as we can figure. So, it starts with him. YEAH! It gives me hope. One righteous man is enough to trickle down to the generations that will come after him. Just look at the fruit your dad has to smile about!

Will your daughter have to learn another language once they're in Africa?