Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Spic and Mostly Span


Last Mother's Day my kids got together and gave me a very large gift certificate for a one time house-cleaning service. It was large amount, because with so many kids, even if they all give a little, it adds up. Which as it turns out was a good thing because they charge per room and we have 8 bedrooms.

I finally decided two days ago that I probably should use the certificate as we were rapidly approaching Mother's Day - one year later.

So now they're here....cleaning my house.

Okay, I've never done this before and it was difficult. My first thought was, "I've got to clean my house before they get here or they'll think I'm a pig." Then I decided that cleaning everything first was so...stupid and they would know that I cleaned first and think I was....stupid. So that left me with only one option. Clean enough before hand that they would think..."Well, this place isn't so bad for someone with all those kids" and yet leave it dirty enough so that my dear children didn't waste their money.

This all was such a fine balance that I had a slight headache thinking about it.

In the end, I had everyone somewhat pick up their rooms and then got so busy that I forgot to do much more than that.

I was at peace with it all until I saw her dusting around the 48 pairs of earrings, 6 books, one homeschool catalog and a bag of Easter candy that didn't fit in the kid's baskets, that was cluttering up my dresser top.

I'm hoping for a gift certificate to eat out this year - Much less stress.

No comments: