Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 10 April 2010

Small Changes

Nobody will ever accuse me of going overboard with health foods. The cereals presently in my pantry are (in no particular order)
1. Cookie Crisp
2. Reese's Puffs
3. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
4. Lucky Charms
5. Trix
6. and just to ruin what could have been a healthy choice - Chocolate Cheerios

When I make pancakes or waffles, I don't throw in wheat germ - no - mini chocolate chips are what my kids prefer.

But lately I've made some moves in the "better for us" direction. One of the best changes is serving only water at dinner instead of Hi C faux juice or ice tea. Not only are we all getting nice and hydrated without all the sugar, but the kids are eating more. The water only policy has also saved us a ton of money when we eat out - drinks for 11 people can get expensive!

I'm considering weaning the kids from whole milk to skim. Maybe do a little mixing for awhile.
Where is all this leading? Who knows - I might even have them give up chocolate pop-tarts.



1 comment:

jennifaye said...

We only drink water. There are exceptions like parties and having company.