Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 13 November 2007

Bad Choices

On Friday one of our sons is having a parole hearing. He's hoping to leave his present residence (IE jail) and return to the real world. My husband and I are driving 5 hours to be there for the hearing. I'm not excited about it. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have to watch one of my kids being brought into a room wearing handcuffs. (I did actually get a small amusement out of the orange flip flops that compliment the orange jump-suit.) Every kid that comes to our house has the chance to start all over again. We don't know all their past...their mistakes or habits and on day one in our family you start out with all privileges. Each kid can watch and see what they can have. They can choose the Lord and they can choose blessings. Most of them do....God's very appealing when you've been rejected by everyone else.
But some don't. I've seen them walk back to their old life and go down in flames. This kid's one of them. As much as I love him and it breaks my heart, in the end he's chosen this path.
So, I've lined up friends to drive kids to their stuff and a daughter (thanks again Lane) to come and hook Grace up for dialysis and my mom's going to homeschool the kids while were gone.
Just so the whole trip isn't terribly depressing, I plan to watch 20 episodes of HGTV in our motel room.

4 comments:

justjuls said...

He's so lucky to have you! I think just being there through thick and thin shows all your kids what family is about - and I've seen you do it.

And yes - SOLD to the highest (okay only) bidder! I'll take you - mom!
You guys have always made me feel like home anyway.
Thanks Kate for making me feel loved - I love you!

justjuls said...

Good Lordy - you're too young to be my mom! That's weird. How 'bouts I call you Auntie Kate! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Praying for your wayward ones.

HGTV may not be enough. Try "What Not To Wear" on TLC.

Karasmith said...

He must have felt so loved when he saw you there to support him. It is amazing tome how you and Poppa continue to model God's love and forgiveness in the most difficult situations.