Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 7 February 2020

It Takes a Couple of Generations to Raise a Child

  My daughter and her husband are going to Europe for an anniversary trip next month. 
 Personally I think all marriages should be celebrated with "getaways". Europe is nice, of course, but I've also had some pretty good times at Home Depot when we've snuck out without the kids.

My son in law, Nate, the bossy pants  social coordinator of our family, summoned the grandmothers over last night to make sure that the three kids will be adequately cared for in their absence. 
  
We sat with our planners,laptops, calendars and phones to cover all the practices, play performances, piano lessons and church stuff they needed to go to. Looks like it's going to take both sets of grandparents to pull off what Kara and Nate do all the time.  

  Oh, and Nate enticed us to this strategic planning meeting with a delicious dinner. We would have come without it, but I DO love when people cook for me. 

Thanks Nate!
  

1 comment:

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Hope the social distancing thing won't put a blight on all your plans. :(