Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 17 June 2011

Sweet Berries

  In our neighborhood, this is how many hand picked raspberries  you can get for $3.




  The price is determined by how many boys it takes to ride up and down the road on their bikes looking for wild raspberry bushes.  Each boy wants a buck and I want the raspberries.  It's a very agreeable business transaction for all.  The boys unfortunately get very purple stained hands and knees, but a good long swim in the pool after finding them, takes care of that.
  And I hide them in the back of the fridge until early in the morning, when I  swirl their sweetness into my yogurt, while my little berry pickers sleep.

1 comment:

OneThankfulMom said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog recently. I rarely have much time to read blogs these days, but I had a great time reading page after page of yours. Love the berries - Russ and I have been eating berries in yogurt nearly every morning lately and it is yummy. Have a great weekend.

Lisa