Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Our family, our church family and friends have been praying these last few months that we would soon get a decision from the judge on whether our 3 boys would stay with us or return to their mom. The boys went before the judge 2 months ago and asked that they be able to stay here. They have been with us a year and it's been a wonderful year. Not only has everyone grown close to each other, but the kids have come to know the Lord and grown in their relationship with Him. We have been praying that God's will would be done in the boys life.

We got a call two days ago and the boys will be going back to their mom.
It was hard. We all sat and cried. We cried for them leaving and for the hole they will leave behind. Little boy crying about losing a new big brother....sister crying for her best pretend buddy. Me wondering how to stop being their mom. (A year is a long time to love a kid)

But we had to tell them that through the pain, God has a plan. A good plan...even though we don't know or understand it right now.

This will be a tough transition.

5 comments:

Perri said...

Kate, I am so sorry. I truly know the pain you are feeling now and I remember it as if it were yesterday.

I pray God's protection on these precious children of His as they return to a life much different than the one they would have had with your family.

And I will be praying for you all.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That is so sad, but I guess we have to trust that God sees the whole picture and knows what is best.

Maybe down the road the decision will get reversed and they will be back to stay?

jennifaye said...

Oh so sorry... I know that hurts. It is hard to see God's hand in something like this but all we can do is trust.

Hugs to you my friend

BadDaddy said...

The godly part of me wishes I had inspiring words of wisdom, something to sooth your soul, calm your heart.
The human part of me wants to have a hissy fit and say are a few choice words. I'm mad.
And sad.
And so very sorry for what you are all going through.

I'll continue to pray for miracles.

Sharon Baker said...

Oh my gosh, this is so sad, HOW do you DO IT?