Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 18 October 2018

"You're Still the One" (Decided that's our theme song)

 James and I headed to the Mountain House to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary this week. We got married when I was 18 and he was 19, so this many years later I find it remarkable that it's still our best thing. Very best.
  
Luckily we married in October so our celebration trips, which we manage to squeeze in every year, are in the fall...the best season. 


  Today James agreed to hike up to Hanging Rock Raptor Observatory in Monroe County, WV.

 I don't think he loves hiking, but fortunately he does love me. It was a briskly, chilly, sunny day - perfect for hiking. It's a short 0.9 mile hike, but ascends to 3,800 feet. 
 It was worth every rocky step and shortage of breath when we reached the top. 

The view was spectacular, although we saw no raptors. There were some serious bird watchers in the tower, but I think you'd have to have a bit more patience than me to see an eagle or hawk. I thought James was cuter than the birds anyway.

It was the best day.



3 comments:

tamir said...

Merry Christmas,
You are so interesting! I don't believe I've truly read through anything like that before. So wonderful to discover another person with a few unique thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality! If you want to read Christmas Party Games For Adults you have to see the link
Thank you,

Anonymous said...

Maybe Unknown above would like more pictures

Hyder Ak47 said...

House Looking Good In up side Beceause Ground flour so dangerously In wild
Mountain Ware House Discount